Aaron Smith ist gestorben

Gewaltiger, größer, witziger - Mit Godzilla kann sich einfach keiner messen.
Antworten
Dagon-sama
Kongulaner
Kongulaner
Aaron Smith ist gestorben

Beitrag von Dagon-sama »

Traurige Neugkeiten, der Webmaster von Monster Zero (der war sowas von hammer der Mensch) ist gestorben. Hier der Text der auf Monster Zero steht :

Monster Zero Founder and beloved friend dies at age 36.

It is with a heavy heart and much sadness that the staff of Monster Zero must announce the unexpected passing of MZ co-founder and owner, Aaron Smith. Aaron passed away on Tuesday evening after a major cardiac arrest. He had been in the hospital over the weekend due to ongoing complications arising from an injury he suffered a few months ago. It appeared by Monday that he was out of the woods but, according to his family, Tuesday's heart attack was massive and quick, and nothing could be done.

This is a terrible loss and surprise for his family, all of us here at MZ, and indeed the entire community of Godzilla fandom. As you know, Aaron was extremely excited to share the 9th Anniversary of the site, and despite his recent health problems, was still making an effort to keep the news and the discussion up-to-date. His mother passed away a year ago after her own long illness in his care, and Godzilla fandom, collecting and MZ were the things that kept him going through the hard times.

Aaron is survived by brother Eric and sister Maria. The family is having a private memorial.

In memoriam of Aaron, we'd like to pass on the thoughts of Mark Obert, who sums up our friendship with Aaron so well:

I first contacted Aaron back in 1996 while stationed in Germany, hoping he could help me find other Godzilla fans in Europe. When I found out I was getting an assignment to Japan a few years later, our friendship really grew. We often joked after that those were the Golden Years for MZ. Just having someone in country to report on Godzilla events really added excitement. We both had fun and I enjoyed talking to him about it immensely. I was glad to have the chance to share it with him.

We always seemed to be browsing Yahoo Japan at the same time, looking for cool stuff. We always checked for Godzilla news seeing if we had a scoop that he could break to Godzilla fans. He really enjoyed seeing people excited about Godzilla. He had a passion for it. I know one of the things he would want everyone to know is how much he appreciated everyone’s help and support with Monster Zero. He loved doing it. I don't think it'll ever be quite the same without him. I know to me the internet already seems like a very lonely place knowing Aaron isn't going to be out there somewhere.

I knew Aaron was dealing with some health issues that he was fighting to beat. I guess that in the back of my mind I always thought he'd beat it. He always talked of getting healthy and getting to Tokyo, a place he always dreamed of going, and I had always planned on being his tour guide. I'm sure he's already made his trip there in spirit and that helps a little knowing he's finally got to a place he wanted to see so badly.

My only regret is not getting a chance to talk to him in these last few weeks. Life has been busy here and how I wish I had found the some time to take a stroll through Yahoo Japan with him one last time. I'll miss that...a lot.

Take Care, Aaron. Thanks for the friendship. Enjoy Tokyo buddy. I know you'll love it.

The Standard Democrat Sikeston, MO

1 June, 2006

SIKESTON — Aaron J. Smith, 36, died at 5:07 p.m. May 30, 2006, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.

Born Feb. 9, 1970, in Fort Gordon, Ga., son of the late Alex and Polly Lou Gestring Smith Jr., he was a 1988 graduate of Sikeston High School and a 1994 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau. He was self-employed as a Web site designer.

Survivors include: one brother and sister-in-law, Eric and Reagan Smith of New Madrid; one sister and brother-in-law, Maria and Cliff Crowden of Sikeston; and one niece and five nephews.

A private family memorial service will be held at a later date.

Nunnelee Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.

In at least the short-term the rest of us at MZ are dedicated to continuing the hard work Aaron started here at MZ and we will continue to bring this site to all Godzilla fans. If anyone needs to contact us for MZ business please contact Mark Obert at obert22@yahoo.com or Gene Cahill at genezilla@yahoo.com. We will be gathering kind words from friends and Godzilla fans worldwide to post here at MZ in Aaron's memory and for his family to read. If you would like to be included please send your comments to Mark Obert at the address above.

Bye Aaron. May you rest in peace my friend.

Wir werden dich auch niemals vergessen Aaron, auf das deine Seele ihren Spaß in Tokyo findet
Dagon-sama
Kongulaner
Kongulaner
Beitrag von Dagon-sama »

Hier noch die letzte Huldigung von Shrine of Gamera an Aaron Smith

Bild

Wie ich finde, sehr passend. Solch eine Huldigung hat der Mensch definitiv verdient
Dr.Prankenstein
Administrator
Administrator
Beitrag von Dr.Prankenstein »

Wirklich schlimm, das tut mir echt leid! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Spooner
Monster-Newbie
Monster-Newbie
Beitrag von Spooner »

In dem Alter ist sowas wirklisch scheiße - nicht dass ich jetzt gewusst hätte, wer Er war, aber trotzdem - RIP! :?
www.GOT-Films.de - Wir machen die besten Würstchen der Stadt!
Antworten

Zurück zu „GODZILLA, GAMERA, GUILA & Co. - Kaiju Eiga“