Godzilla Final Wars Premiere

Gewaltiger, größer, witziger - Mit Godzilla kann sich einfach keiner messen.
Antworten
Anonymous

Godzilla Final Wars Premiere

Beitrag von Anonymous »

This Godzilla movie is....well....O.K.  But is it worthy of a 50th anniversary movie you ask?  I'd have to say no.  GFW is in the style of a hip 70's movie, instead of a really cool, all-new Godzilla type movie.  I mean sure, it has all of the really cool monsters in it and stuff, and yes it does have some really good fighting scenes in it, but the movie itself received more laughs than it did claps.  The director Toho picked to direct the movie is a young director, new to the whole genre of Godzilla, and wasn't that fit for the job.  The director is especially a huge fan of the 70s Godzilla movies, which in America, the 70s Godzilla era was a "dark" era in Godzilla movies.  I believe the director of GMK (Shusuke Kaneko)  should have been signed on to do GFW because he did such a fantastic job on GMK, making it a ground-breaking Godzilla movie, he should've done GFW, and then it would have been worth a 50th anniversary movie.  Out of 5 stars, I give the movie about 3 1/2.  Because even though I'm a huge, hardcore Godzilla fanatic, I'm not so much a fan of the 70's Godzilla movies.  So if you really love those cheesey, campy, silly 70s Godzilla movies, then you will LOVE GFW.  If you're not, you may just be disappointed.  :(
godzilla2664
Gold Kongulaner
Gold Kongulaner

Re: Godzilla Final Wars Premiere

Beitrag von godzilla2664 »

eeh ... do i get you right ... you have seen "final wars" already?? :o :o :o
Keep watching the Skies!
caro31
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von caro31 »

Godzilla hat geschrieben:Because even though I'm a huge, hardcore Godzilla fanatic, I'm not so much a fan of the 70's Godzilla movies.  So if you really love those cheesey, campy, silly 70s Godzilla movies, then you will LOVE GFW.  If you're not, you may just be disappointed.  :(
I saw them all in the cinemas during the 70ies and love them as cheesy as they are! ;D ;) I really can't wait to see the Atragon fight Godzilla in a Showa-style-movie ;D +++ +++ +++
Bild
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

Yes, I have seen Final Wars already.  I happened to catch it's Premiere in Hollywood.
Grummel
Kongulaner
Kongulaner

Beitrag von Grummel »

godzilla2664 hat geschrieben:eeh ... do i get you right ... you have seen "final wars" already?? :o :o :o
HAHA! Austria, Germany.... wrong time, wrong Land! Shit! :'(

Godzilla, you luckier!! ;)
-GG-
-Er wird uns auffressen! Er hat doch gar keine Zähne! Er wird uns totlutschen......-
el-brazo
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von el-brazo »

@Godzilla:

> So if you really love those cheesey, campy, silly 70s Godzilla
> movies, then you will LOVE GFW.  If you're not, you may just
> be disappointed.

Well, I don't know. I really love the 70's Showa movies for what they are, but I always thought that the 50th anniversary film should be a dark and serious one. So, my feelings are a kind of a mixed bag at the moment. By the way, could you tell me how the audience at the premiere reacted to GFW in general?
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

The audience responded greatly to the film.  The whole theater clapped and cheered for Godzilla's 50th, and they pretty much enjoy the whole thing, as well as did I.  The Big G was even there before the movie started as well as after too.  I was lucky enough to shake Godzilla's hand and told him how much I love him.  If possible I will try to put up some pictures of him on my website.  Danke Schon.
el-brazo
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von el-brazo »

@Godzilla:

> The audience responded greatly to the film. The whole theater clapped
> and cheered for Godzilla's 50th [...]

Thanks for the info! I am curious about how GFW will fare at the box office in the US. As far as I know, G2K did not do too well, so let's see what will happen. I also hope Sony will pick up the home distribution rights quickly and release it on DVD.

So, maybe GFW will generate some interest for Godzilla outside the hardcore fandom.

> If possible I will try to put up some pictures of him on my website.  

That'ld be great! +++
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

Just one thing that was completely un-expected in a Godzilla movie, the monster Minya, actually DRIVES A CAR.  I was thinking, what the f*ck?! lol.  But yeah, to me, Kitamura screwed up the Godzilla franchise, setting the genre back 30s years, rather than breaking new ground.  Also, because of the "bomb" box-office results for GFW, I highley dought that it will make a lot of money in it's home country of Japan.  But all we can do is hope.

Toho....Sie sind so dumm!
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

There are a TON of Hollywood film distributors in works with Toho in purchasing American distribution rights to Godzilla Final Wars.  Hopefully "stupid" America, (Tristar...etc..) will include the film uncut, with it's original Japanese language, and English subtitles.  More Godzilla DVDs are coming to the US market soon.  Reports are saying that Tristar claimed rights to many various Heisei era Godzilla movies (movies from the 80s-90s) and will be releasing them on Region 1 DVD.  For those who have region free dvd players (like me) congrats, for those of you who do not, I pray for you. lol.  But I will keep Deutschland updated with the Godzilla DVD news here in America.

-By the way, I got a autographed Godzilla Final Wars press kit by the man-in-the-suit HIMSELF! KITAGAWA!!!  He is my HERO!  I will upload the picture very soon.  DANKE!
Grummel
Kongulaner
Kongulaner

Beitrag von Grummel »

Godzilla hat geschrieben:-By the way, I got a autographed Godzilla Final Wars press kit by the man-in-the-suit HIMSELF! KITAGAWA!!!  He is my HERO!  I will upload the picture very soon.  DANKE!
Thanks in advance! +++
-GG-
-Er wird uns auffressen! Er hat doch gar keine Zähne! Er wird uns totlutschen......-
caro31
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von caro31 »

Wow! That would be great! :D +++
Congratulations for your Godzilla-autograph! Of course I'm a little bit jealous ;)
Bild
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

Sehr Danke.  You guys are too kind.  The pictures are in fact uploaded.  And I will be posting the pictures on my website later on this evening after school.  Thanks again!
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

Bild     (One picture)

Bild      (The GFW press kit)
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

Sorry for the strange camera flash.
caro31
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von caro31 »

Great pictures! Thanks a lot! :D +++
Bild
godzilla2664
Gold Kongulaner
Gold Kongulaner

Beitrag von godzilla2664 »

beautiful! +++ +++

and i'm also jealous ... but not just a little bit ;)
Keep watching the Skies!
Der_Milchtrinker
Monster-God
Monster-God

Beitrag von Der_Milchtrinker »

Gorgeous ;D like "the crocodile hunter" whould said. But i'll just make a cheap copy of the original, so i don't have to be jealous :P.

Greetings from the milk-drinking-guy
FSK 12 heißt: Der Gute bekommt das Mädchen
FSK 16 heißt: Der Böse bekommt das Mädchen
FSK 18 heißt: JEDER bekommt das Mädchen
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

You guys are welcome!  I'm always glad to help out in anyway I can.  ;)
Harryzilla
Diamond Kongulaner
Diamond Kongulaner

Beitrag von Harryzilla »

Congrats! Nice to have another Godzilla-Fan/Collector around.

Greetings from Vienna, Harryzilla
Ich liebe den Geruch von Napalm am Morgen!
Grummel
Kongulaner
Kongulaner

Beitrag von Grummel »

godzilla2664 hat geschrieben:beautiful! +++ +++

and i'm also jealous ... but not just a little bit ;)

dto. ... but a very big little bit!  :'( ;)
-GG-
Anonymous

Beitrag von Anonymous »

Danke harryzilla.  You guys are nice.  ;D  Here is another picture to add to the collection:

MY HERO WITH HIS STAR!

Bild
Antworten

Zurück zu „GODZILLA, GAMERA, GUILA & Co. - Kaiju Eiga“